Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Brisket fail?

Well, I learned the hard way about the drip pan.  I didn't use one the first time & had no problems maintaining temp, but on this one (Texas, 15 lbs) the temp shot up to 300 - I just woke up & went out to check it and it's done only 11 hours later (I had planned for 19).  It couldn't have been at 300 for more than two hours.  A big DUH on the drippings making the fire too hot.  On the plus side, when I checked it the Thermopen when in & out like buttah & it was sitting at 211.  I'm slightly worried that it's over cooked a bit, but my biggest issue is that I'm serving it at 11:30a & it's currently 1:20am.  It's FTC right now & the advice I've seen here says that'll do well up to 6 hours - so, I'm looking for a way to bring it back up to temp before serving.  Back in the Egg & warm it at 180 for an hour?  Or will that turn it into a roast? 

Comments

• I just did a long ftc, looks like you will be at 10 hours..pack it tightly and you'll be ok. May not need to reheat, I would only do that if the meat was cold. Reheating is a funny business. At the risk of being scorned, I reheat a plate at a time in the microwave, doesn't need much time (one minute or less per serving) and works great.

You did the right thing pulling and ftc, you'll be ok and your guests will be happy :)

I'm sure there are many other ways folks have to deal with this, it's fairly common...or at least it is for me.
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Austin, Texas.  I'm the guy holding a beer.