Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Anyone using the Heater Meter built on Raspberry Pi platform?

Options
Ran into a guy at a party who said he built one and uses it on his BGE. Anyone else have experience or built one? http://jafeather.com/blog/tag/arduino/
LBGE & SBGE.  Central Texas.  

Comments

• stevesails
    Options
    Cool. I don't have time to play to make that. I bought an auber for 100 on Craig's list
    XL   Walled Lake, MI

• yzzi
    yzzi Posts: 1,843
    Options
    I've had plans to make it but have been spending the extra cash elsewhere. I have a few guys that will also build one with me when I pull the trigger.
    Dunedin, FL
  • Conneggticut_Yankee
    Options
    I'm in the process of building one now. I know there was someone else on here who had one and it was posted in his signature. I don't remember who it was but thats where I got the idea. I have all the parts and have most of the components soldered. The only thing I have left to get is the case which I plan on ordering soon. I just hope once I didn't fry anything with my less than perfect soldering technique. I've never done something like this before but am familiar with electronic components and thought it would be 1. slightly cheaper than other wifi options (about $200 vs $300) 2. Easier for SWMBO to financially digest as you could buy the parts over time and construct at your own pace 3. Learn about what goes into one of these things, and 4. Just fun to do and have something a little unique. 

Here are the links where I was able to get all my info. 

Also, the guy who seems to behind all this, Bryan, is an Egg owner as well and has pics of it working with his setup. That's sort of cool to see. 
    Madison, CT
    LBGE June 2013. 

• D_Train
    Options
    I built one recently. It has worked flawless so far. I also went with the 3D printed case from one of the tvwbb forum members which I highly recommend. Green of course. I'm a software coder by trade, and wrote an iPhone app for it too. I'll be looking for beta testers shortly.
  • RastaEGG
    Options
    I'm so going to make this! I'll be a tester
  • bigirish
    Options
    I just bought all of the parts to do this! I'll be building it up in the next couple weeks.  I went with the green case as well!  I'm on Android though so I can't help you out there.  Looking forward to getting it going though!

• dldawes1
    dldawes1 Posts: 2,208
    Options

I have been experimenting and learning with the Arduino Uno and Leonardo controllers and other accessories for a few months. I have not got far enough along though to put it to woprk with my egg yet, though.

on my list !!!

Donnie

Donnie Dawes - RNNL8 BBQ - Carrollton, KY  

TWIN XLBGEs, 1-Beautiful wife, 1 XS Yorkie

I'm keeping serious from now on...no more joking around from me...Meatheads !!