Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

DigiQ Dx2: question

Options
I just got this. I have not set it up yet as I will tomorrow. Can someone give me some directions on how to set the pit and food temp for the first time? Thanks!!

Comments

• Bayarad
    Bayarad Posts: 313
    Options
    Press and hold food button then use arrows to set pit temp then put food probe into meat away from any bone ( somewhat difficult with ribs but can be done, then close dome over thermocouple wire and dangle pit probe into dome through one of the daisy wheel holes and close it up but nut enough to crimp the pit probe wire. Set food temp by holding food button until it beeps, use arrows to set food temp, pour a drink and relax unless it starts beeping at you!
  • Bayarad
    Bayarad Posts: 313
    Options
    Sorry hold pit temp button for pit temp, food temp button for food temp!
  • RickyBobby
    RickyBobby Posts: 744
    Options
    That just sounds like cheatin to me! [-X
    My PitMaster IQ120 FREAKIN ROCKS!!!!!!! Current BGE arsenal: XL & MiniMax
  • RLeeper
    RLeeper Posts: 480
    Options
    I like to clip my pit probe to the dome thermo.
    Extra Large, Large, and Mini. Tucker, GA
  • Charlesmaneri
    Charlesmaneri Posts: 1,295
    Options
    I like to clip the pit temp wire onto the stem of the thermometer in the lid of the egg so if I have to I can close the daisy wheel 
    2 Large Eggs and a Mini 2 Pit Bulls and a Pork shoulder or butt nearby and 100% SICILIAN
    Long Island N.Y.