Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT: Cook's Illustrated Guide to Grilling and BBQ

Options
I just received a promotional price for the cookbook.  I'm a big fan of Cook's Illustrated, and have a few other of their cookbooks, but wasn't sure if anyone had any experience with this one.  I've got plenty of cookbooks, and don't mind to pick up another...just leery of getting something that doesn't provide a whole lot of recipes that can easily be adapted to the egg (outside of what I've gotten on the forum and other cookbooks).

Thoughts?

Comments

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    edited August 2013
    Options
    I find that they are easily adaptable. I do a lot of the grilling recipes from online.

EDIT: Cooks Illustrated online
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,491
    Options
    I have it.  For the most part every recipe Cook's Illustrated ever publishes has been tweaked to perfection, there's only a couple over the years I felt I was able to make better.
    That being said, my copy is on my coffee table, under nine other books.  Like Eggcelsior said, this forum can give you what you need.  

Tin soldiers and Johnson's coming...

• StlScott
    StlScott Posts: 77
    Options

+1 to both of the posters, above.  I own that cookbook, as well ... and it primarily sits on the wall as decoration. 

On the whole, they have some of the best recipes - and most foolproof ways of cooking things - around.  However, as much as I enjoy their grilling recipes - the low and slow ones have left me wanting more. 

I've found that I get much more use out of their online website than anything else. 

StlScott