Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Newbie - Finish question

Options

I'm new to the forum and to the world of egging, but recently decided to dive in head first. I have an XL egg on the way, and a table from cypress table from JS Designs (after hearing about them from the board).   I've been trolling around the forum for a while to get info and answers to questions, but now I'm stuck.  I've decided to stain the table and am 90% sure I'm going the route of Australian Timber Oil.  On the can, and everyone at the stores has instructed to only put ONE COAT of the stuff on, but from reading through forum it sounds as though multiple coats is pretty common.  

Can anyone comment on their experience with the stuff, and provide any direction here?  Your advice is greatly appreciated.  

Comments

• RAC
    RAC Posts: 1,688
    Options
    Can help with the table but welcome aboard! I'm sure someone will help you in a few.

Ricky

Boerne, TX

• seeinggreen
    Options
    Thanks RAC.  I decided to finish the table with Watco's Danish Oil in Black Walnut, then topped it off with a few coats of Epifanes, with a final two coats of Epifanes Woodfinish Matte product.  It was a ton of work for someone with little finishing experience, but I couldn't be happier with the how it turned out.  I'll post pictures this weekend.