Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Good idea?? We will see

Options
So last evening, I took a whole roaster out of the freezer to do a beercan chicken this afternoon.  Time got away and it is now on and reached 120.  Seasoning consists of nothing more than the Lowery's seasoning that Sams Club sells which is what they use on their rotissery chickens.  (They sell it, I did not steal it)  As I was heading to the door to put the bird in, I decided to stop and plug the hole in the top of the bird to keep the steam from the Coors Light inside.  I took one of the peaches we bought at the store yesterday and cut in half an stuffed the hole.  So far so good.  We will see.

Ernie McClain

Scottsbluff, Nebraska

(in the extreme western panhandle of NE)

Comments

• TMay
    TMay Posts: 87
    Options
    The Lawry's will be great, interested in how the peach with beer turns out...
    Rowlett, Texas
  • erniemcclain
    erniemcclain Posts: 505
    Options
    Me too.  I have a hard time posting pics on here but I do have one when it went on.

Ernie McClain

Scottsbluff, Nebraska

• erniemcclain
    erniemcclain Posts: 505
    Options
    Well, it turned out ok.  The bird was at the last sale date when we bought it.  It has spent the last few months in the freezer.  Nothing fabulous.  It just didnt have much flavor.  No sign of the peach flavor.  Oh well.  You can't hit a home run every time.  It was dinner and that is that. 

Ernie McClain

Scottsbluff, Nebraska