Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Mexican Style Flank Steak (With Pictures)

It's been awhile since I've posted but lately haven't been doing much cooking on the Egg as I was kinda in a rut and just wanted to cook and eat and not take pictures....

Anyhow last night picked up a 2.25 lb Flank Steak from Whole Foods and some plantains.  Decided I was gonna do some mexican style marinade....

Threw in some olive oil, worsteshire sauce, cumin, red pepper flakes, chili powder, garlic, salt, pepper, sugar and marinaded for about 24 hours.  

So today I started the Egg got it up to about 450 as I was throwing on some bell peppers to grill them up too.....

Let it get to about 129 and I removed the Flank Steak and let it rest.  I really let those peppers cook to get them nice and burnt as I like them that way.

Once it was rested I sliced against the grain...SUPER THIN and sliced up the peppers

Made some fried plantains and a salad topped with fresh raspberries....Fajitas with some queso fresco topped it off

Great meal and the flank steak was amazingly tender!  Flank steak is something we love around here especially when cooked and sliced right!

Large BGE

Comments