Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Rental egg options in OBX?

Options
Headed to the outer banks in NC in early August and debating about bringing my egg. I'd much rather rent one for the week but haven't had any luck finding someone that would rent one to me. Has anyone heard of anywhere that rents eggs anywhere near there? I'm wide open for suggestions

Comments

• Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Options
    Never heard of renting an egg. There are some dealers on here that may have info.
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • TurtleCreek
    TurtleCreek Posts: 140
    edited July 2013
    Options
    I have never heard of a rental either.  I can't help but think a rental for a week would not be cheap.  (especially in a vacation hot spot) 

This is a great reason/excuse to buy a mini or small.
  • AmericanFlannel
    Options
    That sounds like a pretty decent business to get into though. If I lived near a vacation spot I think I would do it. Rent them at semi affordable price (but admit it, anyone who knew to ask for an Egg already expects it to be pricey) then either keep them for next season or sell them on Craigslist.