Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Chicken quesadillas with homemade salsa (pics)

Started out by eggin some boneless skinless cheekin breast. Brined the breast for 3 1/2 hours first. Thanks for the brining tips Centex. Threw the breast on the large raised direct (pswoo) @ 375 with a handful of cherry chips. Pulled them at IT of 155ish. Put them in a foil pan covered and set on the stove until I got everything else ready. After the cheekin came off i threw a cast iron skillet filled with macadamia nut cookie dough on. While the cookie was cookin I chopped up the chicken. The wife came home and her and I made some fresh salsa. Filled one side of a flour tortilla (burrito size) with chicken and shredded Mexican blend cheese. Folded these over and threw on the grate with the same setup @ 400 and flipped one time. These were Amazing! The breast were the most moist, flavorful chicken breast I have ever had. I couldn't quit eating the chicken while making everything else. I will never do chicken without brining ever again. The only seasoning I used was Old Bay. Damn fine meal. Thanks to all who have made and posted quesadillas before me. These were inspired by you. Plenty of chicken leftover for salads for tomorrow.

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

Comments