Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

BGE wins again!

On the 4th of July, myself and two other native TX cooks hosted the 2nd annual "Billy Bobs BBQ Bash" it is a gathering of friends, and a friendly BBQ showdown. Each cook made 3 racks of baby backs, a side, and a meat. My cook was 24 lbs of pork butt (SWMBO made a homemade coleslaw), my side was a dozen smoked sweet potatoes, and my 3 racks of ribs. The other two cooks where using an offset, a weber kettle, and a Brickman bullet. They where skeptical of the BGE, but at the end of the meal they where belivers. One cook concided that my ribs where the best of the three. The other said they should leave their food on the cookers after sampling my pull. At the end of the party, my ribs where gone, 1 potato was left, and the pull was well picked over. I had made enough pull I could have feed the whole party alone, so I sent home leftover bags with several guests, including the host cook. The BGE took me from the under dog to the top cook of the BBQ bash. I didn't get many pics, only one was a quick shot of the pulled pork before taking it off. Was so focused on the cook, my timeline, and transporting to the party that I didn't get more photos.

Comments

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,704
    Congrats! Looks like the extender came in handy. Make sure you take full advantage of your bragging rights for the next year.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.