Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Texas Eggfest 2005 - Thanks to All

Options
GrillMeister
GrillMeister Posts: 1,608
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
TXFEST2005.jpg
<p />Well, the 3rd annual Texas Eggfest is behind us and we’d like to thank lots of folks who helped make it a big success. Here’s a list of vendors who provided us with so many door prizes, that everyone got a prize and then we had to start over till we gave them all out. [p]Air Grill for a bunch of great fire stokers![p]BBQ Guru for $500 in gift certificates[p]BBQ Outfitters for lump, demo eggs, and the large BGE and Redwood Cart Raffle.[p]Big Green Egg for the Mini BGE and load of other goodies[p]Dizzy Pig Rubs for some great rubs[p]Dr. BBQ for an autographed copy of his renowned BBQ Cookbook[p]Guava Wood Farms for some excellent smoking wood chunks.[p]Holden BBQ Sauces for some great BBQ sauces[p]Ken Stone’s Rubs & Sauces for some great rubs[p]Lawn Ranger Grill Tools for some great grilling tools[p]The Naked Whiz for his authentic underwear![p]PacServe for loads of Picnic Lump and Eco-Start[p]Paragon Distributing for co-sponsoring the Meat & Greet[p]Poultry Pal for a bunch of great beer butt chicken stands[p]West Beach Marina for a great location[p]We also want to send out heartfelt thanks to those eggers who contributed to help offset the costs of the Texas Eggfest. Your donations are very much appreciated.[p]Big thanks go out to Chubby, Big Ed (Chubby's buddy) Spring Chicken, Hot Ash, Sandbagger, Smokey Joe, Keith’s 1 and 2, Hawyre, Briles, LawnRanger, and all the other folks who helped out with assembling eggs, loading eggs, hauling ice, hauling trash bags, and cleaning up afterwards. [p]We’ll be building the web gallery of all the pics we’ve taken and will post them on the web site. If you would like me to include yours, please email me and we can work out FTP details to upload them to me. In the mean time, I’ll be posting a few select shots that a real hoot.[p]Thanks again to all who’ve helped make Texas Eggfest 2005 a big success. We’re already looking forward to next year.[p]Cheers,[p]Ed & Liesel
Aka GrillMeister & Mrs. GrillMeister

Cheers,

GrillMeister
Austin, Texas

Comments

• Senor Huevos
    Options
    Thank You GrillMeister it was a wonderful time indeed. Good Food, Friends, Cigars, and Location - Location - Location.
    Did you by chance have an extra grate? Smokin Joe and I in all the commotion of packing my egg for transport left the grate next to one of the other eggs.
    We got back to Keller fired up the Egg for steaks and just as we were about to place the steaks on the Ahh !@#$**[p]

• Chubby
    Chubby Posts: 2,955
    Options
    Senôr Huevos,[p]Yes...Senor Huevos...we did find it!! Get with Ed..he has it!![p]Chubby[p]
    I spent most of my money on good bourbon, and bad women...the rest, I just wasted!!
  • GrillMeister
    GrillMeister Posts: 1,608
    Options
    Ah yes, o'l Senôr Huevos, (I was trying to remember your forum nickname).[p]Ya gotta let me know how you do wings without a grate. LOL.[p]We found during clean up yesterday. I called BBQ Outfitters at 512-347-1988 and talked to Bob Carroll. He's shipping it out tomorrow via UPS ground. You should get it Wednesday or Thursday at the latest. I don't know if he cleaned it though. Heeee[p]It was a great time. Drop me a line next time you get down here.[p]Cheers,[p]GN

Cheers,

GrillMeister
    Austin, Texas
  • Sandbagger
    Sandbagger Posts: 977
    Options
    Senôr Huevos, very nice in deed on the handle! I egged last night, TRex and scallops. I gave my daughter a scallop to try, first time, and between us, they never made it to the kitchen. Tom[p]