Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Baking Steel Maiden Voyage

Options
2»

Comments

• shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,661
    Options

I cooked some cast iron burgers once, broke three teeth.  :((

Must have been undercooked. Next time go till a temp probe slides in like buttah.
    :P

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• TFols
    TFols Posts: 241
    Options
    Did some burgers on the BS a few weeks ago. The crust that develops in real nice. It also was the first time that I ground up my own meat. The burgers came out amazing.
    I think I'm going to pick up a 6" putty knife to use for scraping the BS down after tacking the burgers off. The produce quite a bit of grease.
    Bloomfield, NJ
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Hey, I finished my baking steel. Removed all the paint, dressed the sides, seasoned it.  Came out looking nice.  Used fish oil for seasoning (lots of omega fatty acids which polymerize well). 

imageimage
    Options

Hey, I finished my baking steel. Removed all the paint, dressed the sides, seasoned it.  Came out looking nice.  Used fish oil for seasoning (lots of omega fatty acids which polymerize well). 

imageimage

Man that looks great! Have you used it yet?

When will you be able to ship mine to me?
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Not yet.  I have some dough ready to go.  Tonight it's beef and venison tenderloin stogranoff.  No egg, no pics.  Last night it was, on Travis's recommendation, venison tenderloin cut in strips and fried, with mashed potatoes and gravy.  Came out great.  Again, no egg.  I'm a loser.