Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Fish Tacos

Options
Like @Griffin, I was on my own for dinner last night. Decided to make myself something that Mrs. TOTN doesn't particularly care for, fish tacos. Started by making some fresh corn tortillas and then prepped three talapia filets for blackening. I also grilled some green onions and a poblano pepper. I added a dollop of sour cream and some salsa verde to each taco and rounded things out with some mexican rice and some frijoles refritos. I have to admit... this was a delicious dinner!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.

Comments

• Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options
    =D> Looking good. Props to you for making your own tortillas. I keep saying I'm gonna figure that out one day, but we got a coupla decent Tex-Mex joints arouind the corner and we love their tortillas so I just buy mine there.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• TexanOfTheNorth
    TexanOfTheNorth Posts: 3,951
    Options
    Griffin said:
    =D> Looking good. Props to you for making your own tortillas. I keep saying I'm gonna figure that out one day, but we got a coupla decent Tex-Mex joints arouind the corner and we love their tortillas so I just buy mine there.
    Yeah, too many decent Tex-Mex joints up here for me to pick from  ;)

Very easy to make them yourself!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    Options
    that looks awesome. I love fish tacos.
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    Oh my that looks gooood! My family doesn't really care for fish, but I'm doing this cook anyway!
    Flint, Michigan
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    That looks great- fish tacos are one of my favorites.  

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg.