Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

1st Boston Butt and St Louis Style spares

Options
GATABITES
GATABITES Posts: 1,260
Hello Gals and Gents:

I thought it would be appropriate to post my latest cook. I am the XLBGE owner and have been enjoying the cooking experience quite a bit. Just picked up a challenger table recently, so I am STOKED!!! I bought a boston but and spares to cook on daddy day. I rubbed the butt with a mix of JH pecan and another local rub that I forget the name of. I also injected the butt with a little bit of Orange Juice along with the rubs. I rubbed the ribs with killer hogs. They both came out ok. I think i should have wrapped the butt a little sooner as the bark was darker then I wanted. The flavor was pretty good but Im sure it could have been better. The ribs were pretty good as it wasn't my first attempt smoking ribs. 

Thanks for all the tips, whether you knew it or know, I has been lurking since I got my egg. 

How do you embed the photos and add text before and after the photos? It really makes narration of the the story better. - LOL 
XL BGE 
Joe JR 
Baltimore, MD

Comments

• rholt
    rholt Posts: 392
    Options
    I don't know about the picture thing but those cooks look great. Was there much of any orange juice flavor in the meat?
  • GATABITES
    Options
    Not that i could tell. I had a really nice smoke flavor. I was juicy, but not orange juicy. LOL
    XL BGE 
    Joe JR 
    Baltimore, MD
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    It all looks great!  Bark looks just perfect to me...I like it to come out like a meteorite.  

To insert the picture, once you have attached the file hover you mouse over the thumbnail and you will see an option to Insert Image. 

Then, once you have inserted the image you can hover your mouse over the thumbnail again and Delete so they pics don't show up in the body of the message and again at the bottom.  This keeps Travis happy :P. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• GATABITES
    Options
    @SMOKEYPITT - Thanks bro. I got it now. This method makes posting and story telling more fun. 
    XL BGE 
    Joe JR 
    Baltimore, MD