Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

protien powders

Options
after loosing all the weight i know i lost more muscle than i would have liked, thinking back on it maybe i should have added a protein drink a day. any thoughts on that with a low carb diet, and is one better than the other, might add that to help keep what i have while losing the rest
fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it

Comments

• ShadowNick
    ShadowNick Posts: 533
    Options
    i'd look at keeping your protein intake at about 1 gram per kg of bodyweight per day to maintain muscle mass.   1.2-1.8 if you are working out/trying to build more
    Pentwater, MI
  • Eggucator
    Eggucator Posts: 226
    Options
    I would find one that tastes ok and is limited on the cholesterol.  The cheaper ones tend to have more of it.  I use one that is called Syntha-6.  Muscle Milk also sells a decent powder.   
    LBGE
    Zionsville, IN
  • cortguitarman
    cortguitarman Posts: 2,061
    Options
    Honestly, one of the best protein shakes I've found is Carnation Instant Breakfast with skim milk. It provides 14 grams of protein with only .5 g of fat., low in cholesterol, and low carbs. I use it for my P90x workouts and the nutrition breakdown is virtually identical to the P90X shake.

It is also way cheaper than anything else on the market.

Another good one is Accelerade if you want a fruity drink. It tastes good, but it is expensive.
    Mark Annville, PA
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,750
    Options
    ordered some myotein for the summer to try out, then ill switch to something cheaper and see if i notice a difference. according to shadownicks numbers im not getting near enough on workout days so maybe just take it around those days
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    Gnc... Chocolate
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Captpablo
    Captpablo Posts: 63
    Options
    Trutein - look it up. Made from real stuff not chemicals. Taste is fantastic.  High in protein, low in fat and carbs.
  • JWBurns
    JWBurns Posts: 344
    Options
    Dymatize ISO 100 is what I use. Tastes great, mixes well, and is ultra high quality and clean protein