Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost football season, so we’re perfecting our favorite tailgating and homegating recipes! Whether you like hamburgers, wings, brats, ribs or something cooked with beer, we have everything you’ll need for the perfect tailgate party. We always like inviting friends to join our tailgates because the EGG is about community and having fun, so make sure if you’re inviting company you make extra - the food will be gone before you know it! Don't forget dessert, either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Tips needed - breakfast pizza.

CharlieTNCharlieTN Posts: 177
Well, with it being father's day weekend, I was volunteered to cook on the BGE all weekend.  Not that it took much coercing to get me to consent.

For breakfast Saturday I want to make some breakfast pizzas.  Have some questions:

1.  Do you pre-scramble the eggs?  I've seen recipes both way but my only concern is with how quick the egg cooks the pizza dough for a normal pizza (6-7 minutes) that I don't want 1/2 raw eggs.
2.  To contradict my first question - I saw a pic of a breakfast pizza that had over medium eggs on it and want to make this for my wife and oldest daughter who love them.  Of course I know I wouldn't want to precook those eggs but would 6-7 minutes on a hot stone be too much to keep the yolks runny?

Thanks and to all of you Fathers - have a wonderful father's day.

Comments

• bigphilbigphil Posts: 1,386
    edited June 2013
    http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1152923/sunday-breakfast-pizza-picture-heavy#latest

I just did this over the weekend .I did not precook any of the eggs only the bacon and sausage . Egg dome temp was lower than my pizza cooks I used 425/450 dome .my pizza cooks are @550/650 dome .the lower temp allows the egg to cook just remember to spin the pizza on your stone for even cooking

Large Big Green Egg , XL Big Green Egg . BBQ Guru, Weber Kettle, Weber Q grill for road trips.
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 27,360
    Just thinking. Eggs Benedict pie, Cdn Bacon, eggs and Hollandaise sauce!

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• CharlieTNCharlieTN Posts: 177
    bigphil said:
    http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1152923/sunday-breakfast-pizza-picture-heavy#latest I just did this over the weekend .I did not precook any of the eggs only the bacon and sausage . Egg dome temp was lower than my pizza cooks I used 425/450 dome .my pizza cooks are @550/650 dome .the lower temp allows the egg to cook just remember to spin the pizza on your stone for even cooking
    Very cool.  Actually your breakfast pizza is what inspired me, just couldn't remember where I had seen the pics.  LOL

@CharlieTN memory fails as you get older :)) just don't forget to post pics I'd like to see what you come up with . My family really enjoyed them . Good luck and Happy Fathers Day
    Large Big Green Egg , XL Big Green Egg . BBQ Guru, Weber Kettle, Weber Q grill for road trips.
  • eddieproeddiepro Posts: 42
    I did some breakfast pies recently and was very please with them. We wanted to do a sunny side egg pie, but the egg got cooked all the way through. I would crack the egg and pour it over before cooking for a slightly runny egg. Good luck!
  • CharlieTNCharlieTN Posts: 177
    bigphil said:
    @CharlieTN memory fails as you get older :)) just don't forget to post pics I'd like to see what you come up with . My family really enjoyed them . Good luck and Happy Fathers Day
    What were we talking about?           
  • cortguitarmancortguitarman Posts: 2,024
    I've never done breakfast pizzas on the egg, but when we make them in the oven, we mix the egg and use it in liquid form in place of sauce.
    Mark Annville, PA
    CharlieTN said:

bigphil said:

What were we talking about?           

We were talking ? When? =))