Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pizza Cook with new Nomex gasket - Greek Pizza

Options
I posted earlier that I was doing my first pizza cook after installing the new Nomex gasket. This was my first attempt at "Greek Pizza". It came out fine but I was surprised that feta cheese does not melt real well. If i did it again I think I would double up on the tomatoes that were slightly grilled and form the base rather than a sauce. Besides that all the flavors were perfect. I also cooked a peperoni/sausage/caramelized onion, a BBQ chicken a la CPK style, and a modified Mehrgerita. The Mehrgerita is not in the photos as it was consumed while I cooked the other ones. The crust on all came out fine but would have been a bit better if it was crispier.

The really good news - the Nomex gasket performed well coming out of 2 hours of 500 - 700 degree temps unscathed.  
LBGE - July 2012
Valencia, CA