Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

spider explanation

Options
My new egg is on the way.  I think I have identified the spider as an add on I would like to purchase.  Can someone please explain what size grate fits in a spider for close to flame searing?  I am gathering this is easier and more versatile than a half fire ring, correct?  Thanks!
When you get to a fork in the road, pick it up, spear something with it and throw it on the grill!!!

Comments

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Just ask Tom when you order your spider. I have spiders on both my Larges (they never come out).
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Furall
    Furall Posts: 124
    Options
     If you have a LBGE I am pretty sure you want the CI grate for the small. 13 inches
  • BOWHUNR
    BOWHUNR Posts: 1,487
    Options
    Welcome to the forum!  Assuming you have purchased a large BGE, you need a 13" grate.  I use the BGE cast iron on mine part # 13CI.

Mike

I'm ashamed what I did for a Klondike Bar!!

Omaha, NE
  • onesaxplayer
    Options
    Thanks everyone!  Y'all are awesome!
    When you get to a fork in the road, pick it up, spear something with it and throw it on the grill!!!