Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Northern New Jersey Craigs list ad for a BGE $125

Options
J_Que
J_Que Posts: 223
edited June 2013 in Off Topic

Looks like these people don't know what an egg is or how much they costs. "Previous owner left it and we can't even move it"
I'm sure their inbox is filling up now. Won't be long before they up the price or take the ad down.

http://newjersey.craigslist.org/ele/3846104177.html

I know all the rules, but the rules do not know me.

Small, Medium, 2 Large, XL ,Stumps XL Stretch, Workhorse 1975

Comments

• canegger
    canegger Posts: 540
    Options
    Ha just went to it and its deleted
  • bigphil
    bigphil Posts: 1,390
    Options
    Gone
    Large Big Green Egg , XL Big Green Egg . BBQ Guru, Weber Kettle, Weber Q grill for road trips.
  • GA_Dawgs
    GA_Dawgs Posts: 273
    Options
    Same thing happened yesterday.  It was posted yesterday at 9 am.  I sent a message at 3 pm and as soon as I hit send the posting was deleted.
  • J_Que
    J_Que Posts: 223
    Options

I got all eggcited when I saw that posting. Sent them 3 or 4 emails. Offered to pick it up with in an hour.  Even offered them more then what they were asking for, but I got no response.

Something seems to be off here in the NE.  I either see BGEs on CL going for more then what they cost new or super cheap like this one. It's Strange. I read somewhere that the only people selling eggs are people that do not know what they are or people looking to upgrade to a larger BGE.

I know all the rules, but the rules do not know me.

Small, Medium, 2 Large, XL ,Stumps XL Stretch, Workhorse 1975
  • GA_Dawgs
    GA_Dawgs Posts: 273
    Options
    Sounds about right.   They are usually overpriced or look terrible (and still overpriced)