Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Looking for a good hamburger method

Options
egghead2004
egghead2004 Posts: 430
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Ahh, I have not had a burger in a long time, today I just fired up the small and I would like some input on how to cook two 1/2 pound burgers. I've never cooked burgers on the eg before.[p]Any ideas before I get started?

Comments

• BlueSmoke
    BlueSmoke Posts: 1,678
    Options
    egghead2004,
    I like mine "au natural"; just formed into patties, sprinkled with salt and pepper and glazed with olive oil. Grill at 400 degrees 5 minutes per side and ENnnn-Joy![p](Now if ya wanna, grilled onions and peppers go real good on burgers...)[p]Ken

• Why1504
    Why1504 Posts: 277
    Options
    egghead2004,[p]Hamburger is all about the meat. If you can find it get some Black Angus Ground Chuck. I make my burgers 3/4 of an inch thick use liberal amounts of kosher salt and cracked black pepper (just before I place on the grill). I like a hot fire, sear the outside and close up the grill, like a steak. If I cheese them I put the sharp cheddar on 2 min prior to removing frome the grill. I cook my Black Angus to a medium - Medium Rare doneness. With the Black Angus I don't worry about getting sick. The last grocery store hamburger I purchased tasted like Macdonalds. Thank goodness I cooked it well done.