Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Finally - Burger success

Options
Tjcoley
Tjcoley Posts: 3,551
edited June 2013 in EggHead Forum
I've seen a couple of posts recently about difficulty cooking burgers on the Egg, and totally empathize.  I've struggled making a consistently good burger.  The ones I did over Memorial Day ended up more like lump charcoal than burgers, mostly due to the fat dripping fueling the fire and everything getting away from me.  Tried them different tonight, what ended up as a reverse sear. 1/3 pound, fresh ground chuck. PS legs down, grid, then CI griddle.  Took it to 400, then put on the burgers about 4 minutes a side.  Got them to 130 IT, and they were not browning quite enough, so I pulled the CI and PS, and seared direct for 1 minute per side.  Put on the cheese just after I flipped them.  Turned out perfect.  Nice sear, very juicy and delicious.  Got to try this one again.

Comments