Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pre-Graduation Party Pork Butts and Beans

Options
JRWhitee
JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
My Oldest Daughter Graduated from High School last night and we have family and friends coming in all weekend so I put on two 11lb pork butts rubbed with my favorite Fat Boys Cow Girl Ride um Rub. with Bushes Baked Beans with Pinto and Black beans, recipe found here, http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/comment/1326980/#Comment_1326980 I tried to get them on early but didn't get everything ready including a stabilized egg until 8:00 am. I hope they will be done by 6 or 7 tonight. Egg is steady at 250 with Hickory chunks. I may have to bump it up later. image

Johns Creek, Georgia

Comments

• shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,660
    Options
    You better bump temp up now if you want them done by 6 or 7 tonight.

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    11 lb each?  Dayum sir mix a lot.  I agree with @shtgunal3- I would start bumpin that temp up sooner rather than later.  You can always wrap them once they hit the stall and then bump up even more to power through. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• stuckman
    stuckman Posts: 11
    Options
    First of all, congratulations to your daughter. My oldest graduates high school next month and we're also throwing a party for family and friends.  How many pulled pork servings do think you'll get from two 11 pound butts?   
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    Thanks @shtgunal3 and @Smokeypitt I did bump it up to 300 at 2:30 then 3:50 at 4 and they were done at 7:00 I fed 15 adults and have plenty left over, going into the crock pot today with Stubbs for sandwiches. The baked beans were awesome as well. Congratulations as well @Stuckman I can't believe it time sure flies. 

I also smoked my a turkey breast on Thursday from publix for sammiches and got to use my new slicer that thing is fantastic. 

Johns Creek, Georgia