Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

My poor fire box!

Anyone ever have any luck getting one back together?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Strongsville, Ohio

Yes.  I own a blue egg!  Call Atlanta if you don't believe me!
[I put this here so everyone knows when I put pictures up with a blue egg in it]

Comments

• r270ba
    r270ba Posts: 763
    My father in law's just did that and he set it all in very carefully and everything works fine. I am not sure if this is warranty'able or not.  He is checking into it.  However he has had no problems cooking like that at all.  Just be careful putting it back together in the egg and all should be good!
    Anderson, SC
    XL BGE, Father's Day Gift 2012 (Thanks Fam!!!)
    Webber Kettle and Webber Summit Gasser
    Want List: Thermapen, Small BGE, Wok, Adjustable Rig, Food Saver, More $

• SamMiller0
    SamMiller0 Posts: 38
    why wouldn't a firebox be covered under warranty?
    Rochester, MN  --- Large BGE
  • r270ba
    @sammiller0 I would assume it is.  I just have never replaced one and it just happend to my FIL's this weekend.  
    Anderson, SC

• Fred19Flintstone
    Fred19Flintstone Posts: 8,173

"...All the king's horses and all the king's men, couldn't put Humpty Dumpty back together again!"

Flint, Michigan
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,597
    Automotive supply store-try JB Weld if you want to give the puzzle some sense of permanency.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • travisstrick
    travisstrick Posts: 5,002
    Lifetime warranty on the fire box and ring. 
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • r270ba
    Thanks @travisstrict for verifying.
    Anderson, SC

• cookinfun
    cookinfun Posts: 129
    +1 for Travis.  The fire box should be covered, as long as you have completed and returned the warranty to the mothership.

Wow, what happened, sorry...
    (2) LBGEs,  WSM, Vidalia Grill (gasser), Tailgater Grill (gasser)
  • travisstrick
    You dont need to fill out the card. They may require proof of purchace without it(I bet not). 

Try Your local dealer. If that is not available, call the mothership. The mothership will gladly replace it with little to no fuss providing you pay shipping. If you go through your dealer, it will be free of charge. 
  • Que_n_Brew
    Que_n_Brew Posts: 578
    Not sure about the firebox but your aviator with Ralphie with that "Life Boy" soap in his mouth is greatness.
    PROUD MEMBER OF THE WHO DAT NATION!
  • fiver29
    fiver29 Posts: 628
    Huh. The Dealer i bought my egg from some 14 years ago is no longer in business. I tried to put the thing back together. It's just a puzzle. Right? I gave up and just went and bought a new one at a local dealer.
    Strongsville, Ohio

[I put this here so everyone knows when I put pictures up with a blue egg in it]

• travisstrick
    Lifetime warranty. I would have tried using a different dealer. Worst case, Mothership would have most likely sent it to you for free. Probably still would if you sent them pics of the broke one. 
  • r270ba
    @fiver29 I started with lining up the main opening an built from there.  How much did the replacement cost?
    Anderson, SC

• fiver29
    fiver29 Posts: 628
    Replacement was $131 and some change.
    Strongsville, Ohio

• stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,705
    Lifetime warranty. I would have tried using a different dealer. Worst case, Mothership would have most likely sent it to you for free. Probably still would if you sent them pics of the broke one. 

Not any more......  :(

You better have the receipt or the mothership will be of no help.  I had the same scenario twice before and they sent me a firebox for the cost of shipping.  But two months ago I had a 2 y/o plate setter break.  I had paid cash at a going out of business sale for a dealer--no receipt.  The company store offered to send me one at "cost" for $54 plus shipping.  No thanks.  Found another dealer to take mercy on me and eventually got a replacement, took some work though.

• foneman
    foneman Posts: 104
    Not any more......  :(

You better have the receipt or the mothership will be of no help.  I had the same scenario twice before and they sent me a firebox for the cost of shipping.  But two months ago I had a 2 y/o plate setter break.  I had paid cash at a going out of business sale for a dealer--no receipt.  The company store offered to send me one at "cost" for $54 plus shipping.  No thanks.  Found another dealer to take mercy on me and eventually got a replacement, took some work though.

What is the warranty length on the plate setter? I had always thought it was only one year on accessories.... 

john
  • travisstrick
    2 years
  • foneman
    foneman Posts: 104
  • CajunEggHead
    CajunEggHead Posts: 189
    Does anyone have the Number for the mother ship.....

1 Large Big Green Egg
     1 Weber Kettle
     1 Weber Weber Smokey Mountain 18"
     1 Long Horn Off Set
     1 Bradley Smoker
     1 Weber Silver Gasser
     1 Weber Smokey Joe Small
     1 Orange Thermapen
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 33,233
    fiver29 said:
    Replacement was $131 and some change.
    i would take the broken one to the dealer now and get it replaced, doesnt hurt to have a spare
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it