Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Cooking Pork Chops First Time

Options
Oilpony
Oilpony Posts: 49
Hey Gang, I have been reading the various comments on how to cook these things, I have never even thought about cooking chops until now. I want to cook the thicker style, 11/4 inch or thicker? I have seen suggestions on temperature ranging anywhere from 250-375, meat temperature 145-165. I am aware Chops can dry out quickly if they are just barely over cooked. I plan on cooking them Sunday night and I will go to HEB tomorrow to purchase them. I would appreciate suggestions on selecting the meat, a marinate or seasoning and anything else you can think off. I am always grateful for everyone's suggestions

Comments

• loveTheEgg
    loveTheEgg Posts: 573
    Options
    I cook mine like this....375-400 direct. I cook them until about 125 IT then I drop the chops down a level on the grate to get a good sear on them for about 90 seconds each side or until IT of 145. I marinate them in Kroger brand "30 minute marinade Caribbean Jerk" they always turn out very moist and tender. just keep an eye on them and don't over cook as you said. Good Luck! 
    Brandon, MS
  • Oilpony
    Oilpony Posts: 49
    Options
    Thank you, LoveTheEgg!