Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Juvenile, Jr high, crude post...

henapple
henapple Posts: 16,025
The topic came up on chicken or turkey breast today. I don't have much to add to the forum but I'm willing to share what little knowledge I have. At almost 50 I've had some experience with breast so I'll share these "tips".

When you go to choose a breast the first thing is visual. Take time to look... Not at the the first one but look at several. Looking comes first.
Next comes inspection. After eyeing what you want, feel the breast. Like goldilocks you need not too hard, too soft but just right. Even the noob will realize when you find it. Go ahead and feel it. Don't molest it just feel it for the correct firmness.
Many breast are marked as young.. Assuming the others are old, stay clear. I've found old one's come out flat. The old ones will need a lot of support on the egg.
No matter how you get your breast home, do it quickly.
Next comes unwrapping and prep. Slowly unwrap the breast. You'll really get a true look at what you brought home. Let it breathe... Don't just start right in. Be patient.
Usually they're pretty tender so there's no need to be rough.
Now take a little oil and rub it gently on the breast. Again, don't get in a hurry. Most guys seem to lack patience while some women don't. If you need some special flavoring most anything will do.
Now you're ready. Oh, before you get it on be sure to look for a small circle we with a red dot in the center. You'll need to pull this. If you've already oiled the breast your hand may slip off but keep pulling. Be gentle so you don't damage anything.
One last thing. Choose a naturally grown breast. You don't want one injected with chemicals just to make it look better.
After you finally get it on the egg enjoy a beverage a look back on how great the experience was. You'll find yourself looking forward to the next time.

Hope these pointers help.
Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 

Comments