Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Sunday cook - steak, sausage, wings & asparagus (heavy pics)

I'm preparing for a church cookout next week and wanted to test whether "Dumpty" SBGE can cook for 30 people in a few hours' time because that's all the time I have to cook. So last Sunday, I threw a bunch of things at it to see what I can do with it. At the same time, I've been learning from everyone in this forum here over the past few months so I thought "it's a good time to try a few recipes." 

I put dizzy pig rubs on steaks (different for each one). Got the egg to 500F and seared the steaks right above the fire ring using CI grate before lowering temp to around 350-400 and cook it raised grid throughout the rest of the time. Also tried a modified version "sweet sticky wings" from @NecessaryIndulgences. Only difference to the recipe is I added honey, paprika, butter and used satay sauce instead of thai chili sauce to keep it milder for the kids. Also, didn't put too much of the sauce on it.

Here's how it came out - all tasty and great!! Loving the eggs. Thanks everyone for sharing your expertise.

I'm learning every day.    

Houston, TX - Buddy LBGE, Don SBGE, Tiny Mini & Shiny Momma Pitts n Spitts

Comments