Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Who’s ready for football and tailgating? We are! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are great to bring to a tailgate, or cook at home if you’re entertaining friends during a game. If you need an easy breakfast recipe, these Sticky Buns are the way to go. If you’re looking for a fan favorite with bacon, try these Double Pork Sliders. We can’t wait to kick off another fall full of tasty food!

Coming to Atlanta for EGGtoberfest? Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340 - NOTE we are CLOSED on Saturday OCT 10th for EGGtoberfest.

So there I was...

BakerManBakerMan Posts: 154

Cooking pizzas at 650 degrees.  I had just placed the third pie on the Egg and tuned my back.  A minute later I heard the sound of cracking ceramic and something inside the Egg falling.  I was picturing a broken firebox or fire ring.

Whew!  Just my 20 year old Pampered Chef pizza stone.  I know everyone says not to use these.  I have been cooking pizza once a week on this one for 1.5 years. 

Any recommendations on what I should replace it with?

BakerMan - Purcellville, VA "When its smokin' its cookin', when its black its done"

• BGE has good stones and so does .  Good luck!

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.

We invented the U.A.W. and carjacking!

• +1 on the stone from ceramic grill store. It can also be pared with a spider for use in place of the plate setter.
  • Mattman3969Mattman3969 Posts: 5,181
    I use the BGE

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • QDudeQDude Posts: 630
    Perhaps the new 1/4"  baking steel.  Waiting on mine to arrive.

A northern Colorado Egghead since 2012!

XL and a Small BGE.

• Mama RoneckMama Roneck Posts: 356
    Old Stone
  • doubledouble Posts: 1,214
    edited April 2013
    I am also waiting for my baking steel. Hope it's good or I just bought an expensive heavy 21 inch frisbee.
    Lynnwood WA
  • dlk7dlk7 Posts: 1,022
    I've been using the BGE stone for a year now and no problems.

Two XL BGEs - So Happy!!!!

Waunakee, WI

• PM sent.
    Persistence and determination are omnipotent!
  • CrimsongatorCrimsongator Posts: 5,766

Since just a sliver of that one came off why not still use it?