Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Country style ribs

Options
IrishDevl
IrishDevl Posts: 1,390
What is the best way to do these?  They don't ook like pork chops, I am assuming a low/slow like babybacks?

Comments

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,385
    Options

Disclaimer-I do not like to use foil with the BGE but for country ribs I have found this general process works the best- Run indirect at around 250*F on the dome  until they reach around 160, then foil. On around another hour or so until the therm thru the foil reads 185-200.  They should be sitting in their own juices.   Then out to crisp, and sauce or cook down the juices and use.

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • pasoegg
    pasoegg Posts: 447
    Options

fixed them this week....indirect around 250 degrees....coated them with mustard and used dizzy pig seasoning like cooking pork ribs....cooked to temp and let them rest while finished up bake beans on egg....great taste and flavor!!!!

"it is never too early to drink, but it may be too early to be seen drinking"

Winston-Salem, NC

• gdenby
    gdenby Posts: 6,239
    Options
    "Country style" ribs are slices of butt that have no bone. W. bone in, they are called "Western ribs."

They can be cooked fast and hot. Some bites will be tender, many will be tough. A period of marinade or brine improves the tenderness/juiciness.

They can be cooked lo/slo, I've never had any that were all succulent w/o foiling.