Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Are you happy it’s finally National BBQ Month? While we like to BBQ year round, May is our favorite because the whole country is celebrating delicious food. If you’re new to cooking BBQ on your EGG, check out our Smoking Basics Publication...if not, proceed to some of our favorite recipes! We love Dr. BBQ’s Coffee Rubbed Brisket, Famous Dave’s Sticky Ribs and Virginia Willis’ Pulled Pork. Pair with this cheesy favorite for a winning way to start off May!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

any good meat shops in the Palm Springs Ca area???

We are down here for a bit, and have hit a few of the local grocery stores. Gotta get used to have you all label your meat. Went to Vons yesterday to get a flank steak for fajitas, but the meat looked really grainy so we passed on it and went for burgers. Anyone out there know of a good grocer or meat shop in the Palm Springs or Rancho Mirage area. Want to get a pork butt, and some good steaks. Are your rib eye and tri tip the way to go?? 
TIA 
·

Comments

• fishlessmanfishlessman Posts: 16,819
    the meathouse is closer to the coast if your doing much driving maybe youll pass thru one of the towns, i wouldnt buy a pork butt there but they have great steak choices here and 45 day dry aged for low 20,s a pound. i only have experience with the newengland shops but they are growing and spreading across the country at a quick pace

http://www.themeathouse.com/locations.aspx
    ·
  • HogHeavenHogHeaven Posts: 264
    If there is a Costco there go there... Most of the meat is Choice or Prime. I buy most of my meat at Costco because of that fact.
    ·
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,048
    HogHeaven said:
    If there is a Costco there go there... Most of the meat is Choice or Prime. I buy most of my meat at Costco because of that fact.
    +1 

All of the fresh beef at Costco is at least choice.
    ·