Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pizza on the BGE Using Firebricks

Options
A few weeks ago I asked on the "other forum" about cooking pizza on firebricks in the BGE. My thinking was that the thicker firebricks would hold a steadier temperature than the pizza stone, which would enable me to cook multiple pies with dome temperatures of ~900* while leaving the stone at ~700-750*. (My goal has been to replicate, to the extent possible, a wood fire oven in my BGE.)

With just the pizza stone, the stone temperature would catch up to the dome temperature very quickly, meaning the bottom of the pizza would be done way before the top.

This weekend I bought some firebricks and gave it a try. It worked great!

I didn't take pictures of the setup, but it was: platesetter legs down, BGE green feet, BGE pizza stone, firebricks, which I had cut and arranged to be slightly larger than the pizza stone.

I cooked 4 pizzas. Here are some of the results:

This one is the "Rosa" from Pizzeria Bianco in Phoenix that CarolinaQ did recently (pistachio and red onion).

Nice char on the bottom and very fluffy crust.

Comments