Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Question - brisket

Options
I need to pre-smoke something(brisket, pulled pork or chicken wings) for a guys weekend. I need to know what I can do and will be best served days after? I need some suggestions.

Comments

• U_tarded
    U_tarded Posts: 2,042
    Options
    pulled pork in my opinion reheats the best of the 3.  leave it whole toss it in the oven at 300 for a bit and bam just like it came off the egg.  all are great choices but wings and brisket are best the day of in my own little world.
  • R2Egg2Q
    R2Egg2Q Posts: 2,136
    Options
    Pulled pork is great for cooking & pulling ahead of time. Vacuum sealed frozen pulled pork thawed & reheated in hot (not boiling as the bag can lose the seal) water can come out tasting as good as freshly cooked. The other two items are not as good reheated & served days after.
    XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs, Shirley Fabrication 24x36 Patio, Humphrey's Weekender, Karubecue C-60, MAK 1-Star General, Hasty Bake Gourmet, Santa Maria Grill, Webers: 14" WSM, 22.5" OTG, 22.5" Kettle Premium, WGA Charcoal, Summit S-620 NG

Bay Area, CA
  • cbr0011
    cbr0011 Posts: 93
    Options
    I don't have a vacuum sealer. Can I simple pull it and ziplock it, then microwave it to serve?
  • SmokinDAWG82
    SmokinDAWG82 Posts: 1,705
    Options
    If its just a few days you can put it in ziplocks but I wouldn't microwave it.
    Put it in an aluminum tray with a little apple juice or apple cider vinegar and cover with aluminum foil and heat in the oven.
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA