Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope you had a hoppy Easter and are ready to spring into warm weather cooking mode! There’s nothing better than spending time outdoors with the sweet aroma of fresh cooked Ribs. Baseball season is also underway, so it's the perfect time to try out some chicken wing variations! We have Jamaican Jerk, Lemon Pepper, Fired-Up Wings and even a Whiskey Onion and Chicken Steak if wings aren't your thing. Bon appetit!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

wing night

caneggercanegger Posts: 536
Did a wing night last night with SWMBO. Turned out good. Did some with a honey garlic, some with a chicken sauce I had and some with a oil and diced garlic and honey and franks red hot mixture. They were awesome. Did them at 350 indirect. Cut up potatoes into 1/4inch slices as well and cooked until crispy sorry no pics of the potatoes
·

Comments

• six_eggsix_egg Posts: 603
    Wings look good

XLBGE, LBGE growing accessories.

Want: Ceramicgrillworks 2 tier large, Dutch oven, Cyber Q Wifi

Grenada, MS

·
  • caneggercanegger Posts: 536
    six_egg said:

Wings look good

Thanks I've done wings a couple of times and they just keep getting better
    ·
  • Dyal_SCDyal_SC Posts: 2,244
    Man, I want wings now! Those look phenomenal!
    2014 Co-Wing King
    ·
    SWMBO usually likes them dry but I started saucing them, and way better that way
    ·
  • They look great!  I'm a big fan of honey garlic wings!
    I'm Kristi ~ Live in FL ~ BGE since 2003.
    I write about food & travel on Necessary Indulgences -
    You can find me on Facebook & Instagram, too! 
    ·
  • When you guys do wings what kind of wings do you buy at the grocery store?  I end up getting wings but I have to cut wing off and if I'm doing 2 dozen it can take a while.  Do some people buy the frozen wings?

I guess I'm just not very efficient at cutting the wings yet.  Any tips would be appreciated.

Thanks 
    ·
    @DenaSmoker the ones i buy are already cut up and not frozen yet.
    ·
  • Those look great.  Would you mind sharing the recipe on the Honey Garlic - they sound right up my SWMBO'd's alley.

·

@CantonDawg It was just a honey garlic store bought sauce that i had left in the fridge. Sorry

·

• Wings look good
    Thanks I've done wings a couple of times and they just keep getting better

1 Large Big Green Egg
     1 Weber Kettle
     1 Weber Weber Smokey Mountain 18"
     1 Long Horn Off Set
     1 Bradley Smoker
     1 Weber Silver Gasser
     1 Weber Smokey Joe Small
     1 Orange Thermapen
    ·
  • Crispix49Crispix49 Posts: 190
    I've recently started using DP Pineapple Head on my wings; never would have thought of using that on wings, but a demo cook at my local dealer was doing it, so I gave it a spin and it is fantastic.
    Atlanta suburbs
    Large & Mini owner
    UGA Alum - Go Dawgs!
    ·