Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Egret's Ham

After looking over everything I decided that Egret's ham would best suit my family.  My wife is not a fan of ham at all and I could take it or leave it.   We went to get one but could only find one that was already hickory smoked so we had to do with this.

Put the paste on with the help of my 8 year old daughter on Saturday night and put it in the fridge for about 16 hours or so.  

Wanted the Ham done around 4 so I put the temp at about 300 and put some apple chunks in for smoke flavor.  This picture was at an internal temp of 90 degrees.

Pulled the Ham at 140 and let it rest while we prepared the other side dishes.   

My wife despises ham and she had seconds and said "This is the best ham I've ever had and we could have this again"  So thanks to Egret for his Ham.    I greatly appreciate it!   It was simply amazing and couldn't stop eating especially the bark!
Large BGE

Comments

• Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Looks great, Eddie. Where did you get your ham?

Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Looks great. Still on my "to-do list"

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• EddieK76
    EddieK76 Posts: 416
    Chubbs said:
    Looks great, Eddie. Where did you get your ham?

We got this at a local grocery store.   Looked at Kroger as well and they only had hickory smoked ones too....Oh well :)  Still came out fabulous!
    Large BGE

• Solson005
    Solson005 Posts: 1,911
    I did one on Saturday, while the spiral cut one I did for Christmas was good, this one was Awesome! I am not a huge ham fan either but I loved it too.  =D>
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    Outstanding ham. Did it 5 years in a row twice a year.....
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    edited April 2013
    <P> </P> :)]
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,024
    Looks terrific, Edward! I gotta try that recipe. Only ham I've ever done on the grill was BobBQN's recipe from the other forum.
  • egret
    egret Posts: 4,168
    EddieK76 said:
    After looking over everything I decided that Egret's ham would best suit my family.  My wife is not a fan of ham at all and I could take it or leave it.   We went to get one but could only find one that was already hickory smoked so we had to do with this.

Put the paste on with the help of my 8 year old daughter on Saturday night and put it in the fridge for about 16 hours or so.  

Wanted the Ham done around 4 so I put the temp at about 300 and put some apple chunks in for smoke flavor.  This picture was at an internal temp of 90 degrees.

Pulled the Ham at 140 and let it rest while we prepared the other side dishes.   

My wife despises ham and she had seconds and said "This is the best ham I've ever had and we could have this again"  So thanks to Egret for his Ham.    I greatly appreciate it!   It was simply amazing and couldn't stop eating especially the bark!
    Very glad it turned out so well for you! Thank you for the nice comments! :)