Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Sunday Eggin in the rain

Mattman3969
Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
I had a turkey breast that I thawed out on Fri in plans of cooking today. I got up looking forward to firin up the egg and having some beverages later in the day and then here comes the rain. It ain't gonna stop me Turkey waiting for some eggin goodness image And my rain shield for the Maverick imageimage I will get some more pics when ready to eat

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.

Comments

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    what's the setup?
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Mattman3969
    edited March 2013
    I started out at 250 grid and indirect with the Turkey breast on the V-Rack in the veggie pan like the first pic. The breast hit 130 and the potatoes were still feeling hard to me so I removed the V-Rack and foiled the veggies and set them on the PS ( with the BGE feet as spacers) with the Turkey in a new drip pan on the grid above that and bumped heat up to 300

analyze adapt overcome

• Mattman3969
    The last 1 1/2hr or so were dry, so it turned out to more of a pleasant cook than I would have guessed this morning Here is the plated pic. Everything was most eggcelent, from the turkey breast to th potatoes. Glad I foiled the veggies the last hr or so image

analyze adapt overcome

• Mattman3969
    edited March 2013
    Sorry for the fuzzy pic, I must of had the anticipation jitters!!!

analyze adapt overcome

• DMurf
    DMurf Posts: 481
    Looking very good there, I love eggin' in the rain the neighbors think I'm crazy until that scent of BBQ hits them.
    David
    BBQ since 2010 - Oh my, what I was missing.