Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Ozark Oak charcoal in Houston area

My Egg dealer in The Woodands (ACE) now carries Ozark Oak charcoal in stock. I use Wicked Good for long cooks but you cannot beat Ozark Oak for direct fast cooks, in my opinion. Ask your Egg dealer if they can order it.

Springram
Spring, Texas
LBGE and Mini

Comments

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    Thanks for the tip, Springram. I didn't think there was any left in the country after @henapple made his recent run. How much is it for a 10 or 20 lb bag?

It was great to meet you in Salado. I'm telling the joke you told me at work, and people are actually starting to like me now!

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Springram said:

My Egg dealer in The Woodands (ACE) now carries Ozark Oak charcoal in stock. I use Wicked Good for long cooks but you cannot beat Ozark Oak for direct fast cooks, in my opinion. Ask your Egg dealer if they can order it.

Springram
    Spring, Texas
    I enjoyed all the great stuff you cooked...oh, wait.....you just drank all of Mickey's beer.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    edited March 2013
    Hay, henapple is selling it out of the back of his truck. Seems it came out of the back of Billy Bob Ruth's company truck ( or that's how I am told the story). Henapple is bringing it across state lines w/o paying both states excise tax on coal type products (seems in Ark they think lump is coal, and Texas says tax is tax). Well I think they look a like but..... Point is the lump is and gets hot.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• LDR
    LDR Posts: 414
    Every time I hear Henapple's coming through town, I go buy a few more bags of Ozark Oak, whether I need it or not!  Wife says I'm a hoarder...
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    I've got a dealer holding 30 bags for me on my way home...connections are good.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Springram
    Springram Posts: 430
    caliking said:
    Thanks for the tip, Springram. I didn't think there was any left in the country after @henapple made his recent run. How much is it for a 10 or 20 lb bag?

It was great to meet you in Salado. I'm telling the joke you told me at work, and people are actually starting to like me now!
    I am going to make sure they double the dose when they put me under next time!

Springram
    Spring, Texas
    LBGE and Mini