Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Salado

RAC
RAC Posts: 1,688
Well just got back home and wanted to say thanks to Mickey & Leroy for a great time. What a show! We had a blast! It was nice meeting all of you and putting faces to all the names. Can't wait till next time!

Ricky

Boerne, TX

Comments

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    Ricky please be back next year.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Good to meet y'all. Cooked your ass off Saturday.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Hell, I forgot to thank Spring chicken and hen in my last post. 
    We have cooked in Salado since year one. Gets better every year. I got to break-in a new egghead when Mickey asked me to show him to cook steaks. What a hoot, reminds me how I have learned since my first cook. Got him off to a good start and a big smile on his face when he cut the steak the first time.
    1 Large BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 1 Minimax BGE, Original wife and 3 dogs living in the heart of BBQ country in Round Rock Texas. 

"The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."

Albert Einstein
  • krames
    krames Posts: 70
    Salado was a lot of fun! I can't wait for next year!
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    egger ave said:
    We have cooked in Salado since year one. Gets better every year. I got to break-in a new egghead when Mickey asked me to show him to cook steaks. What a hoot, reminds me how I have learned since my first cook. Got him off to a good start and a big smile on his face when he cut the steak the first time.

I was looking for you later. First thank you for being you. Second the guy came back to me raving about how nice you guys were to him and ask me how to buy an Egg today. Put him in line and he bought an Egg late Saturday.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    @RAC = it was great to meet you and your wife and sample your pork tenderloin. You convinced me to get out and cook next time!

Met a lot of great people and had an overall blast. Partook of only some of the pre and post festivities, but next time I'm all in!

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    @caliking...great to meet you. I downloaded the bread book janelle told us about. Post your bread cooks. I'm trying to learn.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • RAC
    henapple  You did to. My wife loved you peppers! I didn't get any. How did you cook them?

Ricky

Boerne, TX

• RAC
    caliking... Nice meeting you to! It was fun cooking and hope you will join next year.

Ricky

Boerne, TX