Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Sous vide beef finished on the egg (with a butane torch) and a side of poutine (with no vegetables)

Options
paqman
paqman Posts: 4,670
My fiancee purchased a nice beef blade roast earlier this week.  Cooked it sous vide for 24 hours @ 130F and finished browning it with a butane culinary torch.  The last time that I browned beef using the torch, it triggered the fire alarm sensor so I figured it would make sense to do it outside on the egg...  I usually finish browning beef cooked sous vide directly on the coals in the egg but we were on a tight schedule.  We picked up a poutine at the corner restaurant so we were ready to eat less than 5 minutes after getting home.  Next time I'll throw in some veggies in the sous vide.  The beef was as tender as a filet mignon and perfectly pink at a fraction of the cost.

Comments