Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Anyone using fresh beef?

Options

I went in with a couple more buddies and got 1/4 th of a cow. Just curious on if anyone else has tried using fresh beef? Seems like it cooks a little faster than store bought.

Comments

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    Is it grass-fed? They do cook differently to grain-fed beef due to the different fat content.

The cardinal rule is still: Cook to temp, not time.
  • Andymizunogolfer
    Options

Yes grass fed. I knew it would cook a little faster but wow this stuff cooks quick. I literally walked in to wash my hands and my burgers were almost done by the time i got back out on 400. I have a small brisket included. Any recommendations on cooking for it? Its around 3 pounds. I was figuring going low and slow at 250/275 till it hits 190 or so.

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    Cook low and slow until 190-195 then start doing the "poke test" once your thermo slides in and out like butter, it's done. Injecting may help as well. Small cuts can dry out easily.