Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Awesome pizza (pics)

These pies were inspired by previous pizza post by @griffin. They turned out to be AMAZING. The round one is cheese and pepperoni. The square one is cheese, sauce, diced ham, pineapple, another layer of cheese, diced jalapeño, diced sweet peppers, and half has black olives. The cheese is Sargento shredded smoked provolone and mozzarella. Indirect @ 425 for about 22 minutes. The round skillet is a 13" Lodge. The square one is 9" square old Wagner Ware. Pizza is always better with little fingerprints in it.

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

Comments

• michigan_jason
    michigan_jason Posts: 1,346
    Great looking pies man, mine looked the same! Big ups to griff, I like these way better compared to hand tossed style.

"Entrepreneurs are simply those who understand that there is little difference between obstacle and opportunity, and are able to turn both to their advantage."

• Scottborasjr
    Scottborasjr Posts: 3,494
    Looks great!! I really have to get into actually making pizza on the Egg.  Every pizza I've ever done has been a quick one with a pre-baked crust for the kids.
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,629
    These crusts were actually frozen pizza crust dough balls bought at Walmart . I set the skillets out around noon and greased with canola oil and dropped the thawed crust in. Let them set and spread the rest of the day.

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• Cuda1965
    Cuda1965 Posts: 71
    Those look awesome. Last weekend we cooked a couple pizzas in cast iron skillets using some premade dough from the local grocery store. Did you cook them one at a time?
  • ptmurphy
    ptmurphy Posts: 42
    I'm with whoever didn't want black olives on their half!  :)>-

Great looking pizzas.

:)>-
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    Some fine pies there. Your little helper looks like he knows what he's doing.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • WiltOnTilt
    WiltOnTilt Posts: 102
    Looks Delicious!
  • Solson005
    Solson005 Posts: 1,911
    Looks great, I'm with @caliking on your helper, great choice.. Getting the little guys involved makes it so much fun! 
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
  • Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Great looking pies! I see a mini egger in the near future. Might as well buy a mini and let him start practicing grilling hamburgers buns.
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Some good looking pies. Been thinking about maybe trying the NY Style crust from Serious Eats this weekend if I have time. Love the pan pizzas, but want to try something else, know what I mean?

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• shtgunal3
    Thanks for all the responses

@cuda1965 yes they were done separately.

@ptmurphy I'm the no olive guy

@caliking & solson005 making the pies with the kids is just as fun as eating them.

@chubbs instead of the mini I have been thinking about getting a small.

@griffin I am always wanting to try something new. I love a good thick fork eating pizza and these were it. The wife likes thin crust though so next time I will have to do that. Any suggestions?

• nashbama
    nashbama Posts: 102
    Great looking pizzas! Is the dough store bought or did you make it yourself?
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200

This is the one I want to try next. New York style and using a food processor to mix the dough.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• shtgunal3
    @nashbama the dough came from Walmart. It's next to the frozen bread. @griffin that's the kind of crust the wife likes

• Charlie tuna
    Charlie tuna Posts: 2,191
    Great looking pizza, your son LIKE pepperoni, thats a good thing --MRAT -MEAT -MEAT !!  I tripped over a dough recipe, that i am trying for the second time -- it comes out very thin and stiff!!  I will post it if it turns out the same after the forth or fifth time!