Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

second spatchcock chicken

Options
did my first one a few months ago ... my first beer can chicken last month ... and after this second spatchcock i will never do beer can again. wow was this one juicy and delicious.

Cook: uncovered in fridge for 5 hours, rubbed with dp jamaican firewalk (love this rub), 1 hour, direct/raised, 400 degrees. breast was at 161 (thermapen), thigh 192. took off egg, let sit for a few mins while organizing sides then cut into and wow ... was it juicy and spicy. can see the juice in one of the pics.

Comments

• Solson005
    Solson005 Posts: 1,911
    Options
    Looks good! I am a member of the spatchcock clan. I try to leave uncovered in the fridge and prefer it that way, but often do these last minute and they still turnout great. I have a friend that bought a big green egg just because "how awesome a $6 fryer chicken could taste" so easy and delicious!
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    That looks like a small turkey. Very nice cook
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Options
    Looking good. One if the easiest crowd pleasers you can do. Well done.
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,054
    Options

Excellent cook!

• Charlie tuna
    Options
    Looks great!!  We are big fans of spatchcock chicken.  About five weeks ago i tried "brining" before injecting the chicken  -- could not believe the difference it makes!!  It thickens the juices inside the chicken..