Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Spare (normal) vs St. Louis ribs

Options
Which do you prefer? Have only done normal spares and they were great. If St. Louis, do you eat the trimmings or toss em? I have one rack for my wife, stepson, and myself. Wanna try St. Louis but scared it won't be enough if cut em down (my 18mo. Old is probably good for a rib as well).

Comments

• ribnrun
    ribnrun Posts: 174
    Options
    I always trim spares. If I am doing beans I will smoke the trimmings as well and put them in beans. Three people for 1 rack is a stretch, even untrimmed. Trimmings are usually done before the rack, so they make for good snacks.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,337
    Options
    +1 with ribnrun-if no use now you can freeze after the cook and then use them later-BTW-great for ABT filling.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • ribnrun
    ribnrun Posts: 174
    Options
    ABT filling, damn that is a good idea. Now I gotta go to the store.