Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Table nest with long wood table or paver or both feedback

Options
Anyone used a table nest instead of a paver or in combination with? If use only table nest - safe on a wood table? If use both - does it cause fit issue in how the egg sits in hole? Thanks Mark

Comments

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    Mine is on a nest but sits on slate. If mine were wood I think I'd want something between the egg and the wood. It would change the way the egg sits. Maybe a stone type surface thinner than a paver?
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • CeramicChef
    Options
    Mine sits on split fire bricks. Works perfectly well and gives plenty of air space.
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    you are safe with the table nest. Only reason to use both is to raise the height of egg if desired. Also, depending on your table, you should watch how you position the legs on the nest to make sure they are out of the way for ash clean out. If you are unable to position the legs where you want due to gaps in the wood shelf, you might want to put a large stone down simply to allow yourself the versatility. I guess there may be two reasons.