Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Roasted Beet recipe

Does anyone have a good roasted beet recipe or can I modify a recipe I use in a traditional oven?

• paqmanpaqman Posts: 1,870
    I simply wash and wrap them in foil then place in the egg for about an hour at 350-450. Then I rinse under cold water, cut the top and bottom and rub the skin to remove it. I add salt, pepper and balsamic vinegar to taste.

Entrepreneurs are simply those who understand that there is little difference between obstacle and opportunity and are able to turn both to their advantage. •Niccolo Machiavelli
  • Mighty_QuinnMighty_Quinn Posts: 1,878
    edited January 2013
    If you have a recipe you like from the oven, go for it on the egg....paqman's sounds good too.
  • My oven recipe is similar as pagman.  Maybe I will try it