Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Egging in the rain

2»

Comments

• EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 14,036
    I would want one like this. Go in for a taste... "SLAP"... It's not ready yet!

• bgeaddiktbgeaddikt Posts: 503
    I started a small clean burn on my Minimax & midway through it started pouring. I left the cap off and the water seems to vaporize instantly even with the cold rain. Smokeware cap of some sort is next on the list.
    Austin, Tx
  • BBQBuddyBBQBuddy Posts: 264

Not as pretty as a Smokeware, but better coverage - more overhang.  
    2 Large BGE, MiniMax, Miami, FL

• @Duckhook18: I bought a Mini Max to use under a small covered from porch for exactly this purpose. I was tired of having to revise entire menus as a result of the forecast. Couldn't be happier!
  • I picked up the smokeware cap and love it. I haven't used the daisy wheel or ceramic cap since. You never have to worry about the rain and you also don't have to worry about your Daisy wheel sliding and losing your setting when you open the lid. 

https://www.amazon.com/SmokeWare-Vented-Chimney-Cap-Green/dp/B00THO4J0C

• Tony_TTony_T Posts: 287
    Griffin said:

I used to just use an old patio umbrella at the old house.

Same here, I drag my Egg under the umbrella (one of the benefits of a Medium Egg)
  • "Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• Man I'm in Nashville now but I went to school up there. The rain and humidity are relentless. 

Im in the process of building a slant roof. It's backwards as in the top of the roof is where I stand and the low part is near the house. I played with the idea at the last house. Not as smokey underneath, doesn't point the smoke at the house and if I put a hook at the top allows for an umbrella hook for downpours. 

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN