Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Shrimp ABTs (several pics)

2»

Comments

• r270ba
    r270ba Posts: 763
    Just did these a couple weekends ago and they were a HUGE HIT!!! Thanks so much for this idea
    Anderson, SC
    XL BGE, Father's Day Gift 2012 (Thanks Fam!!!)
    Webber Kettle and Webber Summit Gasser
    Want List: Thermapen, Small BGE, Wok, Adjustable Rig, Food Saver, More $

• smokesniffer
    smokesniffer Posts: 2,016
    Very nicely done. Gotta try this for sure, this week. Great looking pics, make a person hungry. =D>
    Large, small, and a mini
  • SamFerrise
    SamFerrise Posts: 556
    I think I like it!

Simple ingredients, amazing results!
  • I just found this post and will be making them this weekend. Great post.
    Franklin, Tn
    LBGE - Cast Iron Grate - Flameboss 300 - BGEtisserie

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Kristi I love the Peruvian Gold sauce. I picked some up a while back at my go to for fresh seafood. That and a couple others really work well with shrimp and seafood in general. Have you tried Ala Moana Coconut & Mango sauce or A Frame Datil sauce?  
    The color you got here was perfect!  Did the shrimp get overdone at all for you on these. I tried my hand at it and with extra large shrimp or large shrimp it seemed to crisp the bacon and shrimp with decent timing on L&S. I wanted to try raised direct at 300℉-350℉ but, was concerned it would overcook the shrimp before the bacon finished. Thoughts... Have you tried it that way?
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • mgd_egg
    mgd_egg Posts: 476
    looks terrific!   
    Lg & MM BGE, Humphrey’s Battle Box | Palatine, Illinois  
  • Thanks, Everyone! 

NPHuskerFL:  I haven't tried them at a higher temp or raised direct, but I think if you pre-cook your bacon a little it will work just fine.  I prefer the taste and texture of the jalapeños when I cook them L&S.  Knock on wood, the shrimp haven't overcooked yet but I always use the largest shrimp I can find.  
    Hmm, I wonder if the bacon sorta protects the shrimp? 

I haven't tried those sauces -- I'll look them up! I've had Tropical Pepper Co. Mango Coconut sauce... maybe similar?   I love the Peruvian Gold, too!  I should warn you, I put it on Swordfish last week... I'll never do that again! :o  It's the only thing I found that it didn't work on. haha :) 

I'm Kristi ~ Live in FL ~ BGE since 2003.
    I write about food & travel on Necessary Indulgences.  
    You can also find me on FacebookInstagram, and Twitter.
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    edited April 2015
    Duly noted on the Swordfish. :wink: 
    And ya the bacon might actually help shield the shrimp. +1 on the get the largest shrimp available (prefer fresh caught personally). 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL