Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

best lump for pizza, natural smoke flavor related

Options
I've been using RO since the begining and not sure I like the taste it leaves on the pizza. Do the different lumps leave a different flavor of natural smoke, if so what's best for pizza.

My pizzas come out great but that smoke flavor at the end I get is not my favorite. How do the wood burning places avoid the Smokey flavor.
Seattle, WA

Comments

• Tjcoley
    Tjcoley Posts: 3,551
    Options
    Wicked Good Weekend Warrior has very little smoke flavor. Very neutral, great burning, and you can add all the smoke you want with wood when you want. My go to lump when baking and when I don't want the smoke flavor.
    Max232 Posts: 76
    Options
    I have always had that smokey flavor also with pizzas, especially when reheating the pizza the next day. This week I tried wicked good, and made pizza Friday. After reheating it sat and tonight there was no smoke flavor( even the kids noticed it) I can't be positive untill I run more test :D

Stereo egging w/ xl and med eggs! BBQ guru

http://www.facebook.com/BeerGutsAndPorkButtsBbq

• Black_Badger
    Black_Badger Posts: 1,182
    Options
    I've had some good, not too smoky pizza cooks use BGE lump. It's a little on the expensive side but lights and burns well, plus it's fairly neutral yet easy to supplement.

B_B
    Finally back in the Badger State!

Middleton, WI