Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First brisket of 2013

Options
My first brisket of 2012 is underway!  My regular butcher had nothing but a $75 monster, so I went to Fresh Market and picked up a 5lb Hereford for $6.99/lb.  Yes, you read that correctly $6.99/lb.  This better be damn good!

Comments

• Dave in Florida
    Options
    Getting my large stabilized at 300 dome at this time for my first 2013 cook. Which is a 14 lb packer.  Peach chunks and Big Al's Original Rub has gotten the call.  Never used this rub so it will be interesting to see how it does since it has no sugar in this rub.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Welcome to the Swamp.....GO GATORS!!!!
  • crabboy
    crabboy Posts: 19
    Options
    14 pounder is going to take quite some time to cook. good luck.

It has been raining here all morning. I have the rain cap on the egg, but don't feel like going out to spritz my brisket.
  • SmoothSmoke
    Options
    You could have gotten a Wagyu brisket for that price. 
  • crabboy
    Options
    Yea, more than I wanted to pay, but there was a convenience factor and desire to have brisket on new years day!

I screwed up my link earlier, here is the correct one: 

• dweebs0r
    dweebs0r Posts: 539
    Options
    This is off topic but which stoker do you have?  The new one with wifi or the older model.  Would you recommend it over some of the other options?  The link to the temp graph is pretty neat.
       -Jody Newell (LBGE & a 36" Blackstone griddle).
  • crabboy
    Options
    I have the older one, without wifi.  Back when I bought it, it was the only device that was integrated with a network, which made my decision easy.  I think there is the wifi Guru that has the same capability.  I don't know much about the other options, so I'd be difficult for me to compare them.  I am happy with the stoker and would probably get another one if this one broke.