Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Who’s ready for football and tailgating? We are! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are great to bring to a tailgate, or cook at home if you’re entertaining friends during a game. If you need an easy breakfast recipe, these Sticky Buns are the way to go. If you’re looking for a fan favorite with bacon, try these Double Pork Sliders. We can’t wait to kick off another fall full of tasty food!

Coming to Atlanta for EGGtoberfest? Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340 - NOTE we are CLOSED on Saturday OCT 10th for EGGtoberfest.

Kofta and Homemade Flatbread

Bham_eggerBham_egger Posts: 196

My wife and I love various ethnic foods, so last night I decided to do some Kofta Sandwiches on homemade flatbread.  This was the first time I have made any kind of bread.  I wanted something kinda like a gordita bread, so I found a recipe on King Arthur Flour's website.  They turned out just like I wanted.  I did not cook them on the egg, although I may try it sometime.  

Dough Rising 

Finished Breads

Next on to the Kofta.  For those who don't know, Kofta is a Middle Eastern dish made with ground lamb, cinnamon, ginger, cumin, cayenne, garlic, allspice, ground coriander, and parsley.  I'm sure there are other versions, but this is the best I've found.  Kofta can either be prepared as meatballs, or as kebabs.  I chose to do the kebabs on the egg, then cut them up for sandwiches on the flatbread.  Topped them with some lettuce, tomato, cucumber, and tatziki sauce.  Everything came out delicious. and the best part was the wife loved them.  

kofta5.jpg 20.7K
kofta1.jpg 37.5K
kofta2.jpg 37.6K
kofta3.jpg 37.9K

• nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 16,075
    Looks good - love kofta, haven't made it in a while - thanks.  Bread look great too.
    This is my signature line just so you're not confused.
    Large and Medium BGE, Kamado Joe Jr., smoker with a 5k btu AC, gas grill, fire pit, pack of angry cats, two turntables and a microphone, my friend.
    New Orleans, LA - we know how to eat