Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
National BBQ Month sure was tasty! We hope you got to try just as many new BBQ recipes as we did and some old favorites as well. If not, you can find all our BBQ recipes here and try them out all summer long. One of our favorites was Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise and Ted Reader’s Rum Injected Sweet Potatoes. As the weather’s heating up, use your EGG for a cool treat-Ice Cream Sandwiches! Keep an eye out for some Father’s Day recipes from chefs & their dads, coming soon!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Before and after rib pics

StargazeStargaze Posts: 68

Got a 3 pack of ribs from Sams Club.  Took the one rack and pulled the silverskin off, rubbed some yellow mustard on and gave it a good shower of my favorite rub.  This rub has brown and white sugar, chili powder [hot], cumin and a few other ingredients. 

I put the rack on the egg at about 250 F.  Let it cook for a little over 1.5 hours then coated it with some honey.  Put the rack in a foil tent for about 1.5 hours.  Opened the tent and basted with Stubbs hot BBQ sauce, did this again about a half hour later.

I've attached the before and after pics.

·

Comments

• LOL, I just noticed my BBQ helper is in the "before" pick, his name is Willy and he's in charge of any cleanup on the floor.
    ·
  • Plano_JJPlano_JJ Posts: 448
    Nice, havent tried the honey. Might have to try it next time. Do you find it makes a difference in the taste or texture, or both?
    ·
  • StargazeStargaze Posts: 68
    edited December 2012

It gave it a nice contrast with the spicy rub and BBQ sauce I was using.  I think it also helped to keep it moist once I tented the ribs.  I definitely plan on adding honey from here on out [this was my first time using honey].

·