Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Too Cover or Not to Cover

Options
2»

Comments

• SmokinDAWG82
    Options
    Hey Bowhunr, can you tell what price range were talking? Hate to call the guy and then go into shock
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
  • Plano_JJ
    Plano_JJ Posts: 448
    edited December 2012
    Options
    DLeggett said:
    I hope we do to, I'm tired of ESPN and the networks going gaga over Bama and leaving us out. I have a good feeling about the game...
    How's that feeling now?             ROLL TIDE!!!!!!!!!
    Roll Tide! When are ya'll going to get called for holding or hitting the QB after the play is over, LOL. 
  • Duganboy
    Duganboy Posts: 1,118
    Options
    Had a custom built table, then got a custom cover.
  • robnybbq
    robnybbq Posts: 1,911
    Options
    BOWHUNR - Do you have issues with having the egg on your wooded deck?  I am terrified of this.

Garnerville, NY
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    I have my egg (in a wood table) on a wood deck with a wood cover.  For that reason, I make sure the spark screen is always closed.  Rarely, if ever, do I see an ember come out the top except when I'm starting it.  I have no problem leaving it unattended on low and slows - I've done many overnighters and slept like a baby.
    Options
    robnybbq said:
    BOWHUNR - Do you have issues with having the egg on your wooded deck?  I am terrified of this.
    Issues as in fire??  I have four eggs on my deck and have never had a problem.  Three are in nests and the other in the table shown.  I'm not sure what you are terrified about unless yours is setting right on the deck.

Mike 

I'm ashamed what I did for a Klondike Bar!!

Omaha, NE
  • robnybbq
    robnybbq Posts: 1,911
    Options
    Afraid of a spark coming out of the top and landing on the deck.

Garnerville, NY
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    Rig up a spark arresting screen - stainless steel mesh - around the top.  Anything small enough to make it through the screen will burn up before it makes it to your deck.
    Options
    If you're doing a low and slow - ain't nothing on fire coming out the top of the egg.  If you're blasting pizzas and you see burning embers ejected hose down your deck if you feel worried.  The screen/mesh should stop sparks even if you're doing pizzas.  I think you're more likely to win the power ball buying one ticket than having an ember out the top set your deck on fire.
    You mean I put in an 1000 sq ft raised concrete deck fer nuthin?

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• nolaegghead
    Options
    You mean I put in an 1000 sq ft raised concrete deck fer nuthin?
    You would have if you weren't prone to set lump bags on fire with a side burner.  ;)
    DLeggett said:
    I hope we do to, I'm tired of ESPN and the networks going gaga over Bama and leaving us out. I have a good feeling about the game...
    How's that feeling now?             ROLL TIDE!!!!!!!!!
    After the initial disappointment I feel just fine. It was a great game between two great teams. I'll be pulling for Bama on Jan. 7th, Hope you kick their Irish ass, make us look better.
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
  • SaltySam
    SaltySam Posts: 887
    Options

@SmokinDawg82....if you're itching for that victorious feeling, I'm pretty sure you'll get it back on Jan 1st.  Husker Nation is reeling from the Big 10 championship, and when they announced the Capital One Bowl opponent, it didn't get any better. 

I'd say good luck, but I'd be better off saying "have mercy". 

My only reprieve is that Jan 1st is my family's Christmas get-together.  I'll have a prime rib on the egg.  Hopefully that will provide enough distraction from the game. 

LBGE since June 2012

Omaha, NE

• RangersFanWS
    Options
    Great SS tables.  Any ballpark on what a basic one costs and what shipping ran for?  Wondering if it's better to buy local given the weight.